Monday, November 15, 2010

Motion Video Critique #9


A Very Vimeo Valentine from Doug Chang on Vimeo.


This time I chose a student work that talks about valentine day on a student's budget. I thought that the plot is pretty interesting and explicit.
Vith this video, I feel like the author starts out pretty strong, and even though there are some strange alignments (0:3, 0:23, 0:24) it started out pretty interesting. At the end, the transitions somehow faded.
I think that the transitions at the beginning of the video were pretty interesting, and dynamic.
I am not sure about the stylistic part though. Aesthetically, the colors are mostly pretty quiet and pastel. It is almost a Martha Stuart valentine day and not necessarily a student. The typeface choice is questionable too. Slab serif looks quirky, but it is also very stable and gives the video some scrap-booking feel.
I think that this video has a lot of potential, but it needs more work.

No comments:

Post a Comment