Monday, November 1, 2010

Motion Video Critique #8


Kinetic Typography - Idiocracy from Nathan Campbell on Vimeo.


I have found this nice video to talk about. I though it is an interesting video because it presents a dialogue of a person with a machine and presents two completely different tones of voices. I find the video pretty funny, but I also like the anti-untopia feel of it.
Nobody really knows anything about the movie Idiocy, but the introduction gives you a pretty clear idea of what it is about.
I have not noticed any major typographical or alignment problems in the movie. The text part appears to be well made and thought throughout. The ending with a TV screen turning off, appears to be somewhat questionable, but at the same time I think it is working. On the 2nd second, words, please speak your name as it appears on your current" turns upside down. I have not noticed anymore turned type throughout the move. And on the 13-14th second where the person is saying, "no it is not correct", "no it is not" is clearly on the circular path, and "correct" may be out of that alignment.
The color scheme is questionable. It seems to be a little too warm inviting and maybe it would be better if it was more mechanical.
Aesthetically it is a nicely executed video. I enjoy it for the well-delivered and clear idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment